Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Trying this Blogging thing out

Well, it's been suggested by a few people that I should start a blog. I've been living in Europe for close to a year now. I've been away from my wife, we've been married nearly a year now. I'm going to school for Innovation Sciences at Eindhoven University of Technology or TU/e.
What is Innovation Sciences? Well at one point before I went to school it was a technology and public policy program. There is plenty of science and technology in it, a mixture of policy courses, however many of these are aimed at Europe. Which is fine, because I can learn a lot about these ideas and policy remedies and try to figure out how to get them to work in the US. I've also learned a lot about economics, not just traditional economics, but also evolutionary economics. It's interesting stuff.

My hopes and plans for this blog? I'm not really sure. I feel that I've been shouting out into the darkness of both twitter and facebook for the past few months getting a few interesting conversations going, but nothing really spectacular. I'm hoping that with this forum I may get more responses, or less. But i'm going to put a running commentary of the articles I find and then hopefully each night before i got to bed put up some overall commentary of what I've read for the day. I plan to include scientific articles i'm expected to read for class, which are now basically over, as well as any book i'm reading at the time. So there will probably be some nerdastic books I'm reading.

Hope whoever reads this enjoys.

1 comment:

  1. Talking about all of the weird stuff we have been reading at our masters, plus some other (nerd:-)) stuff seems like a nice idea.

    So I am enjoying it :-)

    Greetz
    Jurriën

    ReplyDelete